REQUEST FOR QUALIFICATIONS FOR AN ARCHITECT
District 2 Fire and Rescue is requesting qualifications for an Architect in the construction of a fire station. The Architect shall be an agent of District 2 Fire and Rescue, and responsible for advice and services for design, scheduling, estimating, environmental compliance, permitting, site investigation, value engineering, constructibility services, help solicit bidding, review qualifications of contractors, help prepare bid packages, analyze bids and proposals, and provide advice on the selection of contractors, budget and cost control, reviewing safety programs, evaluate construction progress, and pay applications, review preliminary change order pricing and negotiate change orders, provide claim analysis and negotiation, collecting and reviewing submittals and shop drawings, and assisting in punch list preparation and completion. The Architect is not responsible for the construction work, which will be bid, to either a general contractor or subcontractor.
The construction project will consist of two approximately 11,000 square foot buildings to be used as a fire stations. The facility will have a stone/brick façade. There will be three (3) drive through apparatus bays, sleeping quarters for ten personnel, offices with reception area, training room, dayroom, and kitchen facilities.
Submit two copies of the qualifications package by January 3, 2020 by 5:00 p.m. to the following:
Attn: General Manager
District 2 Fire and Rescue
7045 Old Talley Road
San Antonio, TX 78253
Mark packages clearly with “Architect RFQ”. If you have any questions you may contact Joshua Brown at 210-881-0658.
The State of Qualifications must include the following:
1. Cover letter including the following information:
a. Name, address, contact information, etc. for firm and the primary contact person.
b. Location of office that will be responsible for the work.
c. Brief company history and background, including number of years in business.
d. Note type of organization or company structure.
e. Certification that the firm is legally permitted to conduct business in the State of Texas.
f. An individual who has the power to bind the firm contractually must sign the cover letter.
2. Describe the firm’s approach to this type of work, including communication process, project management, and quality control.
3. Describe all prior participation with District 2 Fire and Rescue or Bexar County ESD No. 2.
4. Provide resumes of key project personnel.
5. Provide concise description of comparable projects completed within last 5 years.
6. Provide the following information:
a. List of names and contact information for clients for which services were performed in the last five years.
b. Samples of the services performed including the scope and cost.
c. Disclosure of any actions taken against the professional.
7. Provide specific information on the firm’s litigation history, in the last 5 years, of termination or default, litigation by or against the firm, and judgments entered for or against the firm.
8. Complete a Form 1295 Certificate of Interested Parties through the Texas Ethics Commission Website prior to submittal.
Qualifications will be evaluated for the following criteria:
1. Demonstrated experience of the firm in relation to the services required and quality of performance on similar past projects;
2. Demonstrated experience, technical competence and availability of key personnel in relation to the services required;
3. Recommendation of prior clients;
4. Capability of the firm to provide services desired; and
5. Value offered considering capabilities and experience of the firm.
District 2 Fire and Rescue may contact any previous clients to verify the experience and performance of the prospective firm, key personnel, and sub-consultants, whether or not the client is listed as a reference. The information provided in response to the above requirements will be the basis for evaluation. Failure to provide this information or the inclusion of any conditions, limitations, or misrepresentations may adversely affect the
evaluation of your proposal. District 2 Fire and Rescue reserves the right not to award any contract.